Monday, September 04, 2006

The Persian experience/Ordibehesht.

Tehran, Chaharshanbeh 20 Ordibehesht, 1385. According to the Iranian calendar (Hijri shamsy) we are in the twentieth day of the second month Ordibehesht. In the Iranian calendar the new year starts in spring, which -in my point of view- is very logic. The new year is celebrated in 3 or 4 days and this is called Norooz they prepare a tray with seven foods that start with (Seen) like Seeb (apple), Seer (Garlic), Samoneh (a kind of sweet bakery). The months of the year are Farvardeen, Ordibehesht, Khordad, Teer, Mordad, Shahrivar, Mehr, Aban, Azar, Dey, Bahman and Essfand. The days of the week are Shanbeh, Yekshanbeh, Doshanbeh, Sehshanbeh, Chaharshanbeh, Panjshanbeh and Jomeh. The farsi language is written in Arabic letters but some of them are pronounced in a diffrent way and it also contains other letters that do not exist in the Arabic language like P, J, Ch. .... Yesterday I experienced the worst thing in Tehran , traffic, I spent 4 hours stuck in Tehran streets which was mainly due to the International Bookfair. Still I was enjoying the beauty all around in the streets and in the faces. Uptill now I haven't seen a single face that is not beautiful. In the Islamic Republic of Iran and according to the Law, the women have to wear scarfs and I assure you that these scarfs add to their beauty and attraction from which they already have plenty. I went to Valiassr street , the most important and main street in Tehran . On the sides of the street there are canals that allow the water from the mountains to run freely and plant the enormous pine and berry trees. I had a wonderful time in Mellat Park (national park, free!!) and I was amazed with the open green landscape. I'm having a lifetime experience

No comments: