Monday, September 04, 2006

The Persian Experience/On the roof of Tehran

I'm just back from a wonderful day in the mountain of Tochal, a huge green-covered, snow-topped mountain that embraces Tehran. They call this place the roof of Tehran and from this place you can really see all Tehran below you, a wonderful view with the huge white beautiful buildings, glowing golden domes of the mosques and of course the vast green landscape of the city. I passed by a small waterfall and I was about to take off my clothes and take a shower in the pure water that is coming from the snow that is melting in this time of the year. I preferred to keep my clothes on and take some photos and drink some of this pure fresh water. Up on the mountain I took the Tele-Cabin and for the first time in my life I SAW SNOW, a wish that came true. Tehran is a city of outstanding beauty, just driving in the streets is pleasure as you can only see on both sides beautiful gardens and beautiful buildings. The Iranians are wonderful, apart from their outer beauty they are very welcoming and warm I just want to hug them all and hug Tehran. I'm going now to a shop that is very famous here in Iran for buying nuts and I'm sure I will spend some Millions of Riyals again. I'm having a lifetime experience

No comments: